Why we think the law should change...
The law says that some people who look after children can hurt children to punish them as long as they don’t hurt them too much. Read more about the law.
Children are Unbeatable! think this is wrong. We want to change the law so that nobody is allowed to hit or hurt children.
We think there are better ways for children and adults to relate to each other. Read more about positive parenting.
Here are five reasons why we think the law should be changed:
- Hitting children'Children' here means everyone who is aged under 18. to punish them can be painful and embarrassing.
- It's against the law to hit adults. We think children should be equally protected.
- Children have human rightsHuman rights are basic rights that people around the world agree that everyone has. including the right not to be hit.
- Lots of other countries have already made it illegal'Illegal' means 'against the law'. to hit children.
- The United NationsThe United Nations (UN) is an international organisation which most of the countries in the world are members of. One of the things it does is to work to make sure that its member countries respect human rights. and the Council of EuropeThe Council of Europe is an organisation of lots of countries in Europe, including the UK. Like the UN, it works to make sure that human rights are respected in its member countries. say that it should be illegal to hit children. Read more about human rights.
People often have lots of questions about changing the law... read our Q&A page.
NOTE: Facebook asks that under 13s do not attempt to use the site, and recommends that 13-18 year olds ask their parents or carers for permission. If you are under 13, please do not use Facebook to support us. Join us here instead!